Saturday, November 17, 2007

Helping to make the world a better place

I have requested permission to enter a mosque in San Francisco, where I would like to get a chance to hear the Muslim community's feelings about some of the things happening in the world today. If all goes well, I could head over there on Monday. This outreach is part of an investigative journalism piece I have decided to put together. My goal is to get an understanding of where the country stands morally and politically over the next few weeks, with a plan of putting it all together in an op-ed I would like to submit to one of the local newspapers by the end of the year. In addition to the Muslim Community, I also plan on visiting the Israeli consulate in San Francisco and the offices of some anti-war and pro-troop movements like "World can't wait and "Move America forward". Each visit is sure to bring about some very different views and opinions, but that's what America is all about.

No comments: