Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Hopes and predictions for the Iowa Caucus


Not that I'm anything close to someone who knows what their talking about when it comes to analyzing polls and predicting the outcomes of elections, but I figure I'd take some guesses. The truth is, my mind has been over in other parts of the world, in places like the Middle East, North Africa, and Russia.

As far as the Republicans go, I think Mitt Romney will win tomorrow. For the democrats, I think it will be Obama...

Yes, Barack Obama, a man who I have a lot of respect for due to his honesty. I even think he has some good ideas for solving some of the domestic issues in this country. However, I don't think he has a clue about what's going on in the world today. Nevertheless, I will be happy for him if he wins.

As I said before, my favorite candidate so far is probably Rudy Giuliani, seeing as he separates himself from the extreme right unlike so many other republicans. Unfortunately, he has a very small following in Iowa and is trailing way behind in the polls.

I also like Mitt Romney. His views about solving the problems facing the world are similar to Giuliani's, he just has a record of extremism when it comes to gay marriage. It's important to note that I'm far more concerned about about a bloody salafist terror group trying to impose its will on countries like Iraq, Algeria, and Pakistan than I am about two dudes, or girls for that matter, falling in love and getting married. A personal issue like that isn't going to blow up a cafe or cut people's heads off.

What about Mike Huckabee, the self proclaimed "dearth" on foreign policy and right-wing Christian minister who has frequently gone after Romney's mormon faith. I really don't like him, but obviously I will support him over the democratic nominee should he get the nomination.

Now, should Hillary Clinton, John Edwards, Joe Biden, or Ron Paul ever get elected president I will be going into self-imposed exile somewhere overseas, probably in Dublin, Ireland. All of those people repulse me beyond all reason, with Edwards and Paul being the worst. Just today, Edwards announced he would pull all troops out of Iraq...even the ones training the Iraqis so they can take control of their country...and he said it with a smile on his face. The man has sold his soul to far-left bloggers and its really shameful, seeing as the man voted to authorize the war in the first place.

So here are my predictions...Romney for the republicans, Obama for the democrats. Get out there and vote Iowans.

No comments: